Hello world! I'm Levi.. my family jokingly calls me Master Levi... weirdos. Today I am 1 week old :) I can hardly believe a week ago I was stuck in the birth canal for 5 hours.. what work! Mommy was working so hard to get me out, but I was so cozy with my hand on my face that it took her quite some time to get me here. But now that I'm here, it's been great. I sleep A LOT, can you blame me? Growing from a zygote to a full size baby is hard work and I need to catch up on my sleep. Mommy and Daddy are really enjoying my 3-4 hour sleep stretches at night. I only wake them up once in the middle of the night, I figure I'll take it easy on them. We've got quite a nice routine going.. for now! I like to eat every 4 hours, I know that's longer than average, but I'm very content that way. And when I eat.. I EAT. Mommy sometimes tops me off with a bottle of breast milk after I snuggled and nursed with her just to be sure I'm satisfied.. ahhh it's the life. It's a little easier for me to drink out of a bottle, so Mommy really has to make sure I nurse really well before offering it to me.. she doesn't want me to get too used to it, I guess. I'm still working out the kinks, but I'll be an excellent nurser in no time. This week a nurse came to check on me and Mommy a few days after delivery. I am in tip top shape, health wise.. and I have God to thank for that. I weighed in at 8lbs 1oz but I bet I've beefed back up since then. I handled everything like a champ.. even when she stuck my heel for blood. I cried for 2 seconds (after all, I AM a baby) but forgot all about it soon after. The nurse was very impressed with my ability to lift my head and how strong I am. My Dad likes to impersonate me by talking in an Russian weight lifter voice type accent and says things like "yah, look at my muscles, I so strong". My parents are interesting characters. You know what else happened this week? A piece of me fell off!!! One day I have this annoying thing on my tummy, and next thing you know it was off when Mommy changed my diaper. I sure hope that's normal! I also had my first bath this week... I liked it for about 5 seconds, then quickly realized I was cold and wet and I let Mom and Dad know very quickly about my dissatisfaction. I also was read to for the first time this week... Mom read me Dr. Suess' "ABC" book (it didn't make ANY sense) and Dad read me "Peter Rabbit".. what a sad story with no moral. Oh well, every book can't be Shakespeare. I also had lots of visitors to come and check me out...
-Yaya, Grandpa (Mommy's parents) and Uncle Garrett
-Grandpa (Jake's Dad) and Great Grandma King
-Mar Mar (Jake's Mom) and Uncle Noah
-Aunt Jen, Uncle Mike, Jacob and Joshua
-Aunt Margaret and Uncle Kyle
I also wore my first cloth diaper today! I think it makes me look fat, but it sure is comfortable. Just to make Mom mad, I pooped in it 15 minutes after she put it on. Hehe.
Check out my changes in one week!
1 day old 1 week old
All smiles!
Talk to you later!
Love,
Levi
0 comments:
Post a Comment