Family

Family

Monday, December 17, 2012

Weeks 28 & 29


Well, I'm hoping these "dual week" blog posts aren't the new trend.. especially now that we're in the home stretch I am really going to try and be adamant about a weekly post!


Since I last wrote a post, I had my AMAZING baby shower. It couldn't have gone better than it did. I am thankful to everyone who helped make it happen and so blessed by all who came out to support us in this new venture! There were a few people who couldn't make it due to illness, pre-labor and just the chaos of life.. I wish everyone could of come but it is what it is! Many who weren't there sent kind words and some even sent gifts... you all really are too sweet! It was a very long weekend, prepping and preparing. We set up Saturday (mom, Amanda, Margaret and Jake and I) and had to make some last minute food items Saturday night. Then we set up/got ready 4 hours before the shower, had the shower, then cleaned up/tore down for another 2 hours. WHEW, I was spent. But it was worth EVERY ounce of hard work and planning. It was exactly the shower I envisioned, hence why I planned my own shower. I'm just OCD when it comes to party planning, but I really outdid myself LOL! We are just so blessed, I can't say it enough! All of the pics are on my Facebook page, so I'm not going to put them all on here, maybe just one for the heck of it!


We also, in that same weekend (before setting up for the shower on Satruday) took some maternity pics.. courtesy of Amanda. Those are all up on my Facebook as well. Here are a few of my favorites!






It was really fun taking all of these pics, but it certainly wore me out! Haha.

During these weeks, Jake's coworkers threw him a little baby shower at work! How adorable are they?! They decorated a conference room, played some games and gave Jake a manly diaper bag stocked with essentials/goodies. If any of you Quintiles people are reading.. THANK YOU!!!!

Let's talk business!

Total weight gain: 18 pounds
Symptoms: heartburn seems to be getting worse, TUMS doesn't help.. and I'm getting mixed signals that I'm even allowed to take anything else. Ugh, so I must suffer! I already had that SI joint pain in my butt.. but now my lower back is starting to hurt a little more.
Maternity clothes: one new sweater from Old Navy (it was on clearance) It actually is a size X-Small, which I do NOT wear.. but it fits, kind of tight on the arms, but I make it work.. hey for 6 bucks!
Stretch marks: no
Sleep: good and bad.. just depends!
Best moment this week: pretty sure I felt little man have the hiccups! It was so darn adorable.. but I felt bad for him cuz they were super fast.. like every 3-5 seconds haha. Poor thing couldn't catch a break! Also, my SHOWER!!!!! Gosh, it was the best!
Miss anything?: a glass of wine please! I will have to settle for sparkling cider.. I feel like I'm in the 5th grade again haha. 
Movement: Yep.. as usual! He rolls a lot now.. instead of the usual jab, I can see my belly move like a water bed haha. 
Food cravings: Had to have a Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshake from Chick Fil A.. mm mmm mm!!!
Food aversions: no
Belly button: flat, but certainly not popped.. also getting the linea nigra (sorry but I do not find that line cute)
Wedding ring: fitting normal, sometimes tight at night. 
Mood: Jake says I don't act anything like he thought I would act while pregnant.. so that's good! I have my moments of irritability though. 
Looking forward to: Christmas.. going to spend Christmas day home alone, just the two of us for our last Christmas alone EVER (so weird) 
Baby bump: I like it :)

The average 29 week fetus is 15.2-16.7 inches long and 2.5-3.8 pounds... like an acorn squash! Awwwwww!


Thanks for reading!

xox We Three Kings





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs