Family

Family

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week 39



Well... here I am writing this post with the babe still in the belly. I thought he'd show up early (or at least I was just wishing) but he has other plans! His "due" date is tomorrow, and I highly doubt he'll show up then either.. so we have ourselves a late baby here I believe! Jake gave him a little pep talk last night.. telling him to come on out because we cannot wait to hold him and love on him BUT if he needs to get an little extra brain power inside, then go ahead.. but we insist he comes ASAP.

Ok let's see if my brain can recap this week...

On Valentines Day, I got a hair cut which was nice. Haven't had one since July.. it was relaxing. I didn't really change my look, just got it touched up and added more layers. I then went and got Jake a few little items for V-day then headed to my 39 week appointment. I didn't get a cervical exam (I know at most OB offices you start getting them at 36 weeks) because the birth center doesn't really see them necessary until 40 weeks, and even then they don't care if you opt out of getting one. I'd rather not have my hoo-ha messed with if I don't have to.. it has a big journey ahead of it as it is lol. I will probably will get checked at my 40 week appointment, though.. ugh, not looking forward to it. I also don't plan on having my membranes stripped, I don't find it very appealing and I'd rather see what my body wants to do on its own. These medical professionals agree :)



Anyway, baby was doing great, snug as a bug! His head was deeply engaged and he's ready to rock.. whenever he decides!  Later that night, I whipped up some spaghetti (so luxurious, I know) and we just relaxed! Jake made some brownies for me and gave me a sweet card and I gave him a card with some candy. We don't go "big" for V-day but we do like to do little things. I can't wait to get Levi little Valentines stuff!


Then Friday my mom came over late in the morning. We decided what we wanted to tackle that weekend and went out to run some errands and grab some coffee. When we got back she cleaned our bedroom from top to bottom while I did some random things around the house. Then we had dinner, cleaned/organized a little more, then settled down to watch a movie. Mom spent the night and in the morning Jake and I woke up and started working on a big breakfast because my Dad and Garrett were coming over for the day. We woke up to it snowing outside! And it snowed ALL day, which was great but part of the reason my Dad came over was to help with a project outside.. well, that didn't happen. But it's ok, we all were just super lazy all day, except for Mom of course, who was cleaning the guest bathroom top to bottom haha. Once she gets the cleaning fever, she can't stop! Being that we all had such a big breakfast, we didn't have lunch, we kind of just snacked. Then dinner time rolled around and I had nothing in the house to feed all of us so we decided on pizza. Now where to get the pizza from.. that became quite the ordeal. I think we about broke into WW3 deciding. We finally came to the conclusion of Dominos, and the guys went and picked up the pizzas. After eating, I started working on a piece of art for Levi's room (I'll post it below). I drew the outline (freehanded by the way.. I am very impressed with myself) and then started painting it in. Jake came along and started painting, too.. and I was getting frustrated because he was messing with the antlers. But it ended up looking great so no worries. Mom and I finished the touch ups and voila! A masterpiece :)


Soon after Garrett and my Dad headed out and Mom stayed the night again. We cozied up in my bed and watched The Proposal then we all hit the hay! Next morning Mom stayed for a few hours then headed home. It was so nice to have her over for the weekend! It was a very relaxing weekend with family and next time our baby will be with us. 

Later that day, Jake and I tried to induce labor, if you know what I mean. In the hours that followed,  I thought labor was starting! I laid down to listen to the Hypnobabies track "Easy First Stage" even though I wasn't in the first stage, I was hoping that by listening to it maybe, just maybe, it would trick my body into starting labor. While listening, I had maybe 3-4 contractions or "pressure waves". They were noticeably different than Braxton Hicks. With the Braxton Hicks, it's just a tightening sensation from my belly button up and my stomach gets really hard and tight. With these, it felt like strong period cramps and my back was aching. They lasted for about 30 seconds. They weren't regular or anything, but I thought it was the start of something. But after a few hours, my body started to feel "normal" (as normal as you can feel this far along). Ugh, what a let down! Well, at least know I know what pressure waves feel like as opposed to Braxton Hicks. It was good practice, that's how I look at it. 

Monday and Tuesday of this week I rode with Jake to work, dropped him off and headed to his Mom's (she lives 10 minutes from his work). I am doing this to be close just incase labor starts during the day while he's at work. I hope labor starts at night in my own home, that would be ideal because nothing beats being in your own home! But you just never know so that's why I'll be doing this every day until baby arrives. I just spent both days relaxing and trying to rest because I have been getting horrible sleep every night. I honestly think I'll sleep better when baby is here, even though it may not be for long stretches, it will be solid, short stretches.. which is better than what I'm getting now!

Total weight gain: 32 pounds at last appointment.. blah. 
Symptoms: heartburn, false labor (once this week) and Braxton Hicks 
Maternity clothes: no
Stretch marks: unfortunately, yes.. not too bad though, but I still HATE them. 
Sleep: horrible... I have to prop myself up because of the heartburn, and even that doesn't really help. I switch sides about every 30 minutes because my hip will start to hurt.. and of course, up to pee almost every time I switch! Me getting up from a laying position is really comical.. I have to do this "leg in the air" heave, throw type maneuver in order to get out of bed hahaha. 
Best moment this week: Having the fam over this weekend!
Miss anything?: not lugging around this big belly
Movement: yes, he's just a lot more cramped... but he still moves. 
Food cravings: I wanted Mexican this week.. I got it ;) Was hoping the spicy salsa would help to kick start something, but nope.. all it did was make my heartburn worse
Food aversions: nope
Belly button: out and flat.. I can't even imagine that it will go back to normal hahaha
Wedding ring: gets a little tight sometimes
Mood: pretty good, but I can snap at you if you cross me ;)
Looking forward to: DELIVERING THIS BABY. C'MON BUDDY!!!!!
Baby bump: low, low, low, low

Alright, now I SERIOUSLY hope by this time next week I will have a snookums to show you. Send me some vibes!!!!

Thank you so much for reading about our journey! I really am shocked when I see how many views my posts get.. I feel like we're super boring! 

Love to all!

-Jess

3 comments:

  1. I love reading it. So fun! BTW, even if I don't check FB, I get on to check on you! You should feel special..haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Linda! You're so cute!! Thank you :) I know you're loving all your grandbabies that have recently come into the world recently! how fun!

      And thanks Ashley! Can't wait til he gets here!

      Delete
  2. ^ I check your facebook occasionally to see if Levi has come, too.

    myquiverfullfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs