Well this week has certainly been a transitional week.. I can feel slight changes already happening just preparing baby to come down and out. I'm not saying I've reached "early labor" but I can tell it is around the corner :) More on that in a bit. (As this day progresses, weirder and weirder things keep happening)
First I'll start with just some "life happenings" that went on this week...
We've had a pretty productive week! I finished getting all the things needed for our birth center bag, I got any remaining items for the baby we still needed (cloth diapers, mattress cover, AngelCare monitor, additional bottles and nipples, ect). We also cleaned out the car really well! I was not about to be in labor in a messy car, that would drive me nuts. Our birth center bags are already in the trunk so they are ready when we are. I have a towel and blanket in there (for if my water breaks) and we installed the car seat... I'd say we got a lot done! There is still some work to do in his nursery, but that isn't something that NEEDS to be done before he gets here, although I'd like it to be. The only important thing left to do is get his pack n' play ready for his first night home. It's set up, but we need to get the AngelCare monitor set up, which can take a while. And get his sheet on there and we'll be ready to go!
We got to visit our friends Seth and Morgan who had their baby (Elijah) recently. It was a pleasure to bring them a meal and visit with them. They are doing great! Their little bub is so tiny, he was born 6lbs 13oz but was smaller than that when we saw him. And boy did he have some gas :) It was so nice to hold a wittle itty bitty.. it just makes us that much more excited about our little fella.
We also had a great weekend with some good friends. Saturday we went to the NC State/Miami basketball game at the PNC Arena, which was packed by the way. My dad and brother were there along with our BFFs Kyle and Margaret. My dad gets the hook up sometimes from a client he works for.. so we get the luxury of going in the suite where food and drinks flow endlessly. It is so great. The game was intense, a nail biter for sure... but we lost in the last seconds.. but I'm happy for my dad (he's a Miami fan) because he got a little taste of glory that day. Afterwards we headed to the Angus Barn (Kyle, Margaret and my Dad) to meet up with my mom and our friends Gail and Joel. We were there about 4 hours... we first relaxed and chatted in the new front area they have while we waited for a table. Then we migrated into the dining room and just had a great relaxing time. The conversation between the girls got interesting, as it usually does.. it ranged from Brazilian waxes to vajazzling (if you don't know what that is, don't look it up hahaha). On Sunday Jake and I headed to church, which was amazing as usual. Then I met up with my old boss/friend for lunch and got to catch up with her which was nice. She also blessed us with some baby stuff, an Ergo carrier being one of them.. which was awesome! Then it was time for Hypnobabies class! And guess what?? The other couple wasn't there because they had their baby!!! I had a feeling when we showed up that they wouldn't be there. Everything went great for them, it had a little of an unexpected turn, but in the end she ended up having a fantastic med free birth using her Hypnobabies (only after 4 classes!) and said it was amazing and totally comfortable and enjoyable. Kudos to her! So with them absent, it was only Jake and I which was kind of nice. Next week is our last class and our "birth rehearsal".. very excited! We didn't participate in any Super Bowl activities this year. First of all, no one we knew of was having any get togethers (at least to our knowledge lol) and even if there was a party, we had such a long Sunday that I don't think we would of been up for it anyhow. We didn't even get home until 6. We also don't have cable (or any method of getting channels) so we didn't even watch the game. We are not NFL people, but in the instances we do go to parties or someone's house, we of course will watch it.. but we mainly enjoy the food! Anyway, we just relaxed at home that night.
Then these past two days I've been home taking it easy. Cleaning lightly, doing taxes, making phone calls, organizing... just passing the time. I got my birthing ball on Saturday, so I've been trying to incorporate it where I can.. while I watch Netflix, as I sit at the kitchen table (as I'm doing now). It feels soooo good, no wonder women love it during pregnancy. And I know I'll love it during labor, too.
So as far as what my body has been doing lately... my stomach gets a little tight at the top, and sore at the bottom.. which I'm guessing is Braxton Hicks but I don't even know if I'd call them that because it's really no big deal. Today I've gone to the bathroom 3 times (not to pee) back to back and let's just say, I wasn't constipated like you usually are in pregnancy. This can be a sign that labor is nearing.. yippee! I also lost my mucus plug today (gross I know) but that was exciting to see.. it's like oh man my body is gearing up! My hips are also becoming a lot more sore, meaning they are moving around and getting ready for his decent. I kind of just feel "blah", I don't know if it's indigestion or what.. but I just feel a little off.
Also something funny happened as I was writing this post.. I was sitting here on my birthing ball, typing away, when the baby made an abrupt movement. It was like a jolt in my whole belly. When he did I heard a "click" or "pop" sound. I know that sounds extremely weird but it happened. I am SURE I heard it. I have no idea what that means, but it happened haha. Strange!
Anyways..
Total weight gain: still at 28 pounds
Symptoms: heartburn of course, my lovely side kick. Some interesting tummy sensations. Sleeplessness.
Maternity clothes: no, why would I this far in the game?
Stretch marks: yes a few unfortunately.. none on my belly though, whoo hoo! I will still be able to wear a two piece.. well eventually lol.
Sleep: haha, that's hilarious. The only "sleep" I manage to get is usually after Jake gets out of bed in the morning for work.. I can stretch out better. So that is usually about 2-3 hours of "heavy" sleep. Other than that, it's just me drifting in and out all night.
Best moment this week: getting a lot done!!! It feels good to be prepared, somewhat ;)
Miss anything?: still the same as last week.. my old body
Movement: yes but it's a lost less limited since he's running out of space in there
Food cravings: no
Food aversions: nope
Belly button: it's popped out, but not sticking out, you can see it through some of my shirts though
Wedding ring: gets a little tight sometimes
Mood: pretty good I'd say
Looking forward to: my easy, comfortable birthing time and meeting our little guy.. what an amazing journey it's going to be
Baby bump: Jake thinks it grew over night lol.. so I guess it's gotten bigger
Til next week! If we make it til then ;) I think we will but you never know!
-We Three Kings
Til next week! If we make it til then ;) I think we will but you never know!
-We Three Kings

Seriously, you are so cute pregnant! I only made it to 35 weeks, so I was never that big (although I really wish I could've made it). I had a 5 lb baby, so I know all about tiny ones. I was so nervous to move him around in the beginning. Congrats on getting a lot done. You're nesting! Gearing up for the arrival of your sweet new babe! Excited for you!
ReplyDelete