*The more and more I learn about pregnancy and how the baby forms and develops, the more I'm amazed by God's craftsmanship! Thank you Lord for a beautiful miracle!*
Now that we've cleared that up, let's get to the fun stuff!
Not too much has changed since last week... he still likes to kick me in the side. It was mainly on the right side, now all of the sudden today it started on the left! My ribs were starting to get a little sore on the right side, so his little change up is fine by me.
We also started our first Hypnobabies class on Sunday. It's a 5 week course held at a lovely woman's home. Normally she will take 4-6 couples but it ended up we are only with one other couple who is actually "due" Feb 5.. so 15 days earlier than us! Right when we arrived there was a mom and dad who had twins vaginally and naturally who were stopping by to say hello with their 2 month old little girls. It was a great way to begin because she was living proof of how amazing this technique works. She was telling us how amazing her birth was and wouldn't of been able to have her perfect birth without the help of our wonderful instructor who taught her how to use Hypnobabies. I was pumped to hear this! Our instructor is going to try to go through the study a little quicker being we are nearing the end of our pregnancy. I was SO ready to start class.. Jake was a little more apprehensive. He was on board, but he had his doubts. Let's just say he left there feeling more confident than ever! He was hooked after our first deep relaxation technique.. he passed out and was like "what in the world?!" when he "came to". I do plan on doing a whole blog post dedicated to the Hypnobabies method after I've used it in birth, but in a nutshell it is a method of deep relaxing and SELF "hypnosis" to manage natural childbirth while remaining comfortable and in most cases "pain free". Now do not get the wrong impression when I say hypnosis. Most of you who know us know that we are serious in our faith with Jesus and God and usually those two things do not go together. This is not some weird voo-doo type thing where someone swings a pendulum in front of me and I zone out and am under their control. It's a way to get yourself into a hypnotic like state.. which essentially is just being so very deeply relaxed and comfortable. I have total control 100% of the time. It also teaches you how to be confident and to have no fear about birth. Birth is a beautiful, unadulterated thing that should be enjoyed fully by your able body. This method helps you to gain the knowledge and understanding that with some mental prep work, you will have an amazing birth without the unnecessary implications (and even complications) of drugs and medical interventions. Knowledge is power, and I TRULY believe that. Ok like I said, I will do a longer explanation of everything later on.. this was my "short" rendition (not so short huh?)
Thanks to my babe for taking some pics of me and my little man in there!
Ok now to the update!
Total weight gain: 23 pounds still! My scale is STILL a butt head, though.
Symptoms: Heartburn to the max! It wakes me up at about 5am, never fails. Also my tummy is getting pretty tight!
Maternity clothes: nothing new
Stretch marks: no.. so thrilled about this!
Sleep: I play musical positions all night... right side, back, left side, back.. you get the idea.
Best moment this week: Hypnobabies for sure! Jake also read to Levi from the Bible.. it was cute. Daddy loves his little boy, it is PRECIOUS.
Miss anything?: taking a bath without my belly and bazoombas sticking out of the water.. not warm at all! I also miss NOT having heartburn and not feeling tiny explosions in my esophagus when it erupts.
Movement: but of course! He kicks out to the side really far.. sometimes a lump just protrudes out and I'm thinking "alien!!!" haha
Food cravings: not recently
Food aversions: not really.. don't mention BBQ though! Jake's dad asked to go to this BBQ place and Jake had to let him know, fat chance.
Belly button: flat and almost popping out
Wedding ring: fitting normal, sometimes tight at night.
Mood: easily annoyed but overall, pretty good I'd say
Looking forward to: finally being able to wash and organize his clothes now that we finally got a dresser for his room! We've got all of the essential furniture now, it's just time to put it together and begin decorating!
Baby bump: I love it.. I'm still told I don't look very big.. which I am not complaining! I love my pregnant body so much, I actually feel sexier now than when I'm not pregnant. Yay for good genes!
Here's a 33 week old baby.. getting squished in there!
Until next week!
-We 3 Kings

0 comments:
Post a Comment